Crypto is a Hero in crypto apex legends, introduced in Season 3 but is not available in the base game. He can be obtained with digital cash (either 12,000 Legend Tokens or 750 Apex Coins) or by purchasing the Champion Package.
Crypto, the Recon Legend, takes to the sky in his Observation Drone. Monitoring Drone, using Neurolink to reveal enemies for Crypto and his team. He can use his Drone EMP if he notices the opponents have already hunkered down. Before he emerges from the darkness and makes his move with his group, he uses drone EMP to shatter their defenses and slow them down.
Crypto is one of just a few recon-focused characters in Apex Legends. Thanks to his adaptable and formidable surveillance drone, no one is great regarding positional awareness. You must control both the man and the Drone in Crypto. To be sure, it’s a challenging endeavor, but our Apex Legends Crypto guide will provide you with a wealth of practical advice on how to make the most of his skills and powers. Season 3 of Apex Legends has arrived, bringing with it Crypto, the game’s newest Legend. Crypto is a competent hacker who happens to be one of the game’s most helpful characters. Crypto’s equipment is meant to operate together to provide his troops with all of the knowledge they require to win any conflict.
Strengths and weaknesses of Apex Legends Crypto:
Crypto’s most potent ability is the Monitoring Drone tactical, which grants his entire squad special access to intelligence on enemy movements in the region. The obvious disadvantage is that Crypto is exposed when piloting this Drone, indicating that this persona values tactical awareness and cautious planning.
While Crypto lacks abilities like Wraith’s Into the Darkness or Bangalore’s Dual Time passive, he is not entirely defenseless. His Ultimate will charge up and unleash a massive EMP, hurting and slowing adversaries over a large radius. It must be launched from his Drone. Crypto has good initiate potential and appears to thrive for the seconds immediately before combat begins.
The following is a list of all Crypto’s skills and how they interact.
SURVEILLANCE DRONE TACTICAL ABILITY
Crypto’s Surveillance Drone ability is his primary weapon. Crypto’s Drone is activated with this ability, allowing it to explore the region. The Drone will reveal enemy positions as it floats around, and it can even offer Crypto with a perspective of the battlefield from high above or behind enemy lines.
Crypto’s most potent ability is his Tactical, Surveillance Drone, which launches a drone into the air (or onto the ground, if you like) to scout the area for adversaries. Crypto stays constant while operating the Drone, and you can switch from Drone to Crypto on the go or return the Drone to deploy it somewhere.
The following are our top Surveillance Drone Tactical recommendations for Crypto:
- One of the essential aspects of the Drone is that you can gaze at one of the world’s enormous kill leader banners while piloting it and instantly check whether there are any foes within 200 meters of Crypto. It is a massive advantage for Crypto and his squad, enabling them to avoid surprise attacks.
- Crypto’s complete skill set has one main drawback: he is exposed while controlling his Drone. Before you use it, make sure you’re safe, and if your comrades need you, get out of the Drone and assist them on foot.
- Because the illuminating range of your Passive is quite limited, please don’t rely on it to highlight adversaries. Ping an adversary for your teammates if you see one.
- Crypto’s Drone allows you to access a variety of items from afar. You can open and lock doors, open-source bins, retrieve the banners of your fallen squadmates, or even use Respawn Beacons and Survey Beacons.
- To deploy the Drone, press and hold the Tactical key, then quickly escape. When you want the Drone out so you can explode your Ultimate around you, this is useful.
- Crypto’s Drone is relatively hard to damage. Still, it has minimal health, and destroying it will result in a hefty cooldown penalty, so make sure to keep moving with your Drone if adversaries are aiming at it.
- When your crew is engaged in combat, it’s best to ignore the Drone and focus on supporting them as usual. Your squad will essentially be fighting a 2v3 or a 1v2 if you spend all of your time on your Drone.
NEUROLINK PASSIVE ABILITY
When Crypto’s Surveillance Drone identifies an adversary close to Crypto, it marks them for Crypto and his teammates to observe. Crypto’s Passive is linked to his Attacking primary acumen, Surveillance Drone, just as his Ultimate. The drones would be far less helpful and intriguing if they didn’t have Neurolink. Said, it allows the drones to identify any opponents it sees (whether or not you’re piloting it) and for your entire squad to view those illuminated foes – even through barriers.
DRONE EMPIRE’S ULTIMATE ABILITY
The Surveillance Drone from Crypto fires an EMP blast that breaks shields, slows foes, and destroys traps. While the shield damage and delay make this ability particularly beneficial when your opponent is in a defensive position, it can give you the upper hand in practically any encounter.
Here are our top Crypto Drone EMP Ultimate tips:
- All players in the area, including allies, are affected by the slow effect. However, only adversaries and you will be hurt.
- You do not need to be in the quadcopter view to use your Ultimate ability. The Drone, on the other hand, must be deployed.
- Unless you employ cover to prevent line of sight, enemy opponents can and will fire down your drones during the 3-second charge-up time.
- Gibraltar’s dome, Wattson’s walls and towers, Caustic’s gas traps, Mirage’s decoys, Lifeline’s Drone, Rampart’s Amped Cover, Loba’s Black Market, and even opponent Crypto drones captured in the blast will all be destroyed by Crypto’s EMP.
- If you’re in close-quarters combat, it’s an excellent idea to detonate your EMP around yourself, as previously suggested. The sluggish effect and harm can ruin an opposition team’s prospects of success.
Top tips and tricks for playing Crypto
Finally, here are some more common Apex Legends tips and strategies for winning matches as Cryptocurrency.
- It’s all about forethought. As I have stated, Crypto thrives in the moments leading up to each firefight. When he’s competing, he’s no different from everyone else. He’s at a loss against people who have powers that help them win fights. Crypto is exceptionally skilled in scouting, identifying the whereabouts of close foes, and devising the ideal initiate and attack to dispatch them with the least amount of hassle.
- Learn how to use both the Legend and the Drone. The Drone’s feasible used too, but if you want to take advantage of Crypto’s abilities, you’ll need to be able to handle it safely and fearlessly. It doesn’t matter if you get the drone shot (it’ll regenerate in 40 seconds); the important thing is to use it to learn as much as possible about the enemy forces’ location and status.
- Make eye contact with your peers. While the Drone will automatically highlight any adversaries it detects, you must ping them to inform the rest of your squad. While interaction has always been a big part of Apex Legends for any character, Crypto’s role as the squad’s thinker and initiator makes it even more critical.
The makers of ‘Apex Legends’ are considering making adjustments to Crypto.
On the Apex Uncut podcast, Respawn developer John Larson discussed some potential improvements coming to recon epic Crypto.
In Apex Legends season 3, the tech-savvy Legend was introduced, and he employs his faithful Drone to scout advance, cover flanks, and damage opponent shields. It’s no wonder that he gets less play than other legends because his kit encourages players to hold back in the game that typically features opportunistic raids.
Larson told PCGamesN that the Respawn team is striving to make him more enjoyable to play, saying, “When trying to assess how to make him a bit eye-catching, I think simplifying the flow between Crypto configuration and drone configuration, and maybe delivering that power more healthfully, so it’s isn’t quite as a dichotomy would be a nice way to frame that.”
Crypto’s ultimate ability is an emp that shocks and disables shields for a short time. it can set up a powerful push if done correctly. “We’d have to tackle the peak power of people pushing off Crypto’s EMP,
” Larson says of any modifications to Crypto’s power level. That is something to think about, and it’s something we’re dealing with right now.”
Changes to the EVA-8 shotgun, which was recently buffed, are also mentioned. The shotgun’s improvements made it one of the game’s most lethal weapons, with many players preferring to start with a couple of high-damage rounds before dropping shell casings for quick kills. As per Larson, the weapon was formidable before its most recent update, although it was rarely used. As a result, it’s likely to get nerfed soon. Following a hack that took over Apex infrastructure and sent players to a webpage urging Respawn to solve Titanfall 2, Apex Legends had to halt working on Cross-progression.
Featured Image: Apex Legends Crypto